Monday, September 16, 2013

Donner Summit (again!), 37 Weeks Pregnant - September 14, 2013

We had so much fun at Donner Summit last weekend that we just had to go back again this weekend.  Plus, I just received a package of goodies from Mountain Mama and a couple pairs of shoes from Mad Rock, and was stoked to give everything a test drive!

For a casual day trip, we actually got a lot of good climbing in.  We did some fun warm-ups, three awesome 5.11s (two crack and one sport), and Andrew and Walker got to finish out the day on some challenging 5.12s. The 5.11s were challenging enough for me, so I opted out of trying that portion of the day... honestly, it took everything I had to make it up the 11s! (I was pretty happy that I [toprope] onsighted the 11b sport route though!)

The new threads from Mountain Mama were incredibly comfortable for climbing in, and were perfect for layering on the slightly chilly climbing day that we had.  I wore my new Leah Yoga Pants and Anya Performance Tee, which both have great fit and movement and are extremely comfortable (which is especially awesome, because as a pregnant lady it's almost impossible to find any clothing that fits this description!).

I really love the shoes I received from Mad Rock as well.  I got the Banshee, which is an all-day type shoe specifically designed for women, and the Concept 2.0, which is a more aggressive sport/bouldering shoe.  I used the Banshee for the warmups and was pleasantly surprised to find that they were exactly what I had hoped for.  They were comfortable and performed well, which is precisely what I want out of an all-day shoe. After the warm-ups, I put the Concepts on and was totally blown away!  These shoes have amazing edging abilities that made me feel confident on the smallest of holds, and they fit my feet like a glove.  I actually kind of feel like a ninja when I wear them.  

Here are some photos from the day.  Evidently nobody took pictures of anyone but me...



...except for this really cute one of Ainsley and Anne





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrew, were you at BYU around 1997-2000? You look a lot like a Christensen I climbed with back in those days!

A. Christensen said...

Yes I was there.