Monday, July 1, 2013

Tuolumne Cragging - 26 Weeks Pregnant: June 29, 2013

Andrew and I headed out to Tuolumne this weekend with our little climbing prodigy friend Ben (15).  It was HOT, but we managed to find some shade and got to play around on some nice slabs.  Ben even did his very first lead on gear!

It was awesome getting to be with both Andrew and Ainsley all weekend since I haven't been to Yosemite with them for months! 
Love me some slabby knob climbing


Ben's first lead on gear

He did so great!


Ainsley keeping watch over the gear
 After boiling on the slabs, we found a river to cool off in.




Did you know that there is a DWS route in Tuolumne?  Neither did I!  So perfect on a 100 degree day.


Ben getting stuck at the crux!


Andrew's second--and successful--attempt


I was not so successful...

No comments: